Thursday, July 11, 2013

Nez Perce Wednesday: "Restored"

The theme for today was "Restored." We recapped the past two days and were remembered that sin pulls us away from our relationship with God, but Jesus pursues us to restore that relationship. We also talked about how the best way we can point others to this restored relationship with God is through seeking to repair our own relationships with others.

More blurbs from the youth about their experiences coming your way! We switched mission sites today, so those who were doing Kids Club switched over to work projects, and those doing work projects the first two days now moved to Kids Club.

Kids Club:
Today was my first day at kids club. It was very fun. There were only 6 kids at Kids Club. I ran the arts and crafts station with 5 other people. It was nice to just sit in the shade all day. We sang songs and some of the other kids did a skit about how Jesus loves everyone. Before we plays games, everyone played Red Light, Green Light. All in all, I really enjoyed Kids Club.
-Grace Keaton

Work Projects:
Today, our fun group named Optimus Prime, went to Vic's house to pick up where the group yesterday left off. Our job was to paint the second coat on the entire house. We finished almost the whole house in the time we had. Everyone had a lot of fun together. We learned that holding a ladder for someone is, 1) a very hot job, and 2) a bonding experience. I met some new people and talked with people I already knew. All of us were covered in paint afterwards. But we had lots of fun and we were all happy to help.
-Anastasia Bidne

Evening Activity:
After we helped with dinner prep, we all went to the park. For dinner, we had Domino's Pizza. I ate more than I've ever eaten since we've been in Idaho. After dinner, Emilee (one of the YouthWorks staff) invited a lady from the Nez Perce Tribe. She talked about the history about Lewis and Clark and conflicts between the Nez Perce people. Lots about people had questions, so she was there for about 45 minutes. After she left, we had club (evening worship) outside. It was hard to hear because Zach was slapping the mosquitoes off him every two seconds. It was getting dark when we let. I really had fun going on trails and finding a river.
-Grace Keaton

No comments:

Post a Comment