On Thursday, our last day of work, we painted a home just outside of town. But more on my side of this post, we had the first cookout of the summer. It was lot of fun getting to talk to the people of Lapwai, and playing with the kids. I do not like to pick favorites, but mine was Amrin. He is an awesome kid who knew my name from the first year. I am really going to miss him with the fact that he is moving. (Tom Huntley)
Our last service day came and went we were so sad because we didn’t want to leave the village and its people that we’ve come to love so much. So to make the memory last the youth leaders organized a cook out at the park. When we were there we hung out, ate burgers, and played with the kids for the last time. It was an amazing experience to see the joy in kids’ faces and how much love they showed towards us. I really loved doing community service and getting to know the cute and awesome kids. When we left the park, we got picture of everybody there and that was when we said “Goodbye! Nice to getting to know you!” At that moment some of the kids started crying while others gave final hugs to their big buddies. I hope to see them next year! (Miranda Smith)
Later in the day, we had foot washing ceremony during our church group time. The Youthworks staff washed our leader’s feet. The leaders then came around, washed our feet, and said personal prayers for each of us. When everyone had their feet washed, a prayer was said for all of us together, we shared our highs and lows, and then I said a prayer for the group. It was one of the best church group times in my opinion, and gave everyone a lot of time to think. (Garrett Steffan)
No comments:
Post a Comment